Saturday, December 25, 2010

Week 52 - Giving to the Church

Like many Christians, I look forward to attending the Christmas service at my home church (Zion Lutheran in Pembroke). It's a time to refresh my spiritual side, see some old friends and acquaintenances, and sing some carols (terribly off key in my case). The service also provided a relatively easy option to complete my last week of giving, by donating to the church.


Although this year had its challenges, I enjoyed completing many of my improvement efforts. Although many of you seemed to get a kick out of the mini-blinds post, my favourite weeks were a toss up between the cooking challenges, and the giving ones. Since there are plenty of awesome cooking blogs out there, I decided my 2011 project will be '52 Weeks of Giving'. I plan to donate time, money, and other goods to charities and not-for-profit foundations each week next year. The exact paramaters are still up in the air, but I'll let you know by linking the new blog to this one as soon as it's reserved. I feel that I lead a very charmed, fortunate life, and want to take steps to enrich the lives of less fortunate people in 2011.

Here's wishing all of my readers a wonderful holiday season, the merriest of Christmases, and a happy new year! See you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment