Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Week 51 - Giving Vision

Some of you may know that I had laser eye-surgery in February 2008. It was one of those 'life altering' experiences, and I could talk at length about how much better I feel about myself without glasses.

While cleaning up recently, I found 5 pairs of glasses in my hall closet. Before tossing them, I thought there must be a better way to dispose of eye glasses. I remembered seeing a donation bin of some sort in a glasses store at the Rideau Center, but when I checked back last week, it was gone. After searching, I found Hakim Optical has a program in place to give used glasses to needy people in developing countries. After that, it was simply a matter of finding a convenient location, and dropping off my older glasses.

Stay tuned for my final post next week. I'll let you know what the plan is for 2011's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment